- Mar Barnabas Educational Award 2013 Winners
- Diocese to observe the first memorial of the Late Lamented His Grace Mathews Mar Barnabas on Sunday Dec 8.
- Pictures : ‘Urshlem Indian Orthodox Christian Center’ Blessing Service
- Give thanks to the LORD for he is good: ‘Urshlem Indian Orthodox Christian Center’ now a reality.
- Diocesan Metropolitan’s First Visit to St. James Church, Dallas – Nov 17 Sunday
- Diocese to Celebrate Sunday School Day on December 8th, 2013.
- Diocesan Sunday School 12th Grade Diploma Exam 2013 Results Published.
- Rev. Fr. Timothy (Tenny) Thomas led Annual MGOCSM Perunal Retreat at St. Gregorios Dallas.
- MGOCSM Chicago 2013 - Ambassador for Christ
- 2013 Perunal celebrated at St Gregorios Houston
- Diocesan Center Relocation: Saturday November 30th, Morning Prayer Starts at 8.00AM.
- Rev.Fr Timothy (Tenny Achen) led Dallas St.Gregorious Church Patrons Day Feast.
- Houston-Regional MGOCSM Women’s Retreat held at St. Gregorios Orthodox Church Houston
- Diocese to Relocate to the Newly Purchased ‘Urshlem Indian Orthodox Christian Center’ on Saturday, Nov 30, 2013
- 2013 "WORLD Council of Churches” Assembly Report from Miss Lijin Raju : Delegate from South- West American Diocese.
Passages & Sermons
Mar Barnabas Educational Award 2013 Winners
Give thanks to the LORD for he is good: ‘Urshlem Indian Orthodox Christian Center’ now a reality.
Diocese to observe the 1st memorial of the His Grace Mathews Mar Barnabas on Sun Dec 8
Pictures : ‘Urshlem Indian Orthodox Christian Center’ Blessing Service
Diocese to Celebrate Sunday School Day on December 8th, 2013
Diocesan Metropolitan’s First Visit to St. James Church, Dallas – Nov 17 Sunday
Diocesan Center Relocation: Saturday November 30th, Morning Prayer Starts at 8.00AM.
Rev. Fr. Timothy (Tenny) Thomas led Annual MGOCSM Perunal Retreat at St. Gregorios Dallas.
2013 WORLD Council of Churches Assembly Report from Miss Lijin Raju
Video: Urshlem Indian Orthodox Christian Center
Houston-Regional MGOCSM Women’s Retreat held at St. Gregorios Orthodox Church Houston
Letter of Appreciation from the President to Atlanta St. Thomas Church
Consecration pictures of Atlanta St. Thomas Orthodox Church
Diocesan Metropolitan meets Very Rev. Peter Elliott of the Anglican Church in Canada.
Proud moments to MMVS of South-West America : 5th Diocesan Annual Conference concluded.
5th Annual Diocesan MMVS Conference to be held At St. Gregorios Church Canada from Sep 13-Sep 15
It is a joy for me to meet Your Holiness : Pope Francis to H.H. Baselios Marthoma Paulose II.
5th Diocesan Annual MMVS Conference - Sep 13 through Sep 15, 2013
The Journey Begins : First Evening Prayer conducted at the New Diocesan Center
St. Gregorios Church, Kansas City Hosts First OVBS
Dallas/Oklahoma Area Acolyte Training / Women's Ministry August 24th, 2013
MMVS Mid west Regional Conference held at St. Gregorios Cathedral Bellwood
MGOCSM-Chicago Area Annual Summer Conference held August 1st through 4th
Mar Barnabas Orthodox Center : Foundation stone laid at Tampa St. Gregorios
Guidelines for Acolytes
Sign up for Mailing List
Prayer Ministry Line
Diocesan Prayer Ministry - English Prayer ‘SLOOTHO ’ - Every Tue 9.05 PM -9.35 PM (CST)
Diocesan MMVS Faith and Bible Study - Every Thursday and Friday at 8PM(CST)
LoveIndeed - A Charity Project of Diocese of South-West America
November 26, 2013
Diocean Center- Houston
Blessings to our Cor-Episcopoi, Priests, Deacons, Office bearers and all the faithful of our Diocese!
The days of preparation for the feast of the Nativity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ are upon us. We observe 25 days of increased prayer and fasting from all our worldly pleasures in order to receive the heavenly king. It is important to note that during any Lenten period, external fasting alone is not enough. In addition to restricting our food intake, we must also apply ourselves to internal fasting, which consists of resisting such things as pride, dishonesty, anger, greed and other such vices. This Lent is especially for the celebration of the birth of the King of Peace. We need to develop a character of the innocence of the shepherds rather than the character of Herod’s inclination for the killing of goodness.
Scripture Reading- Dec 8
Before Holy Qurbana
■Genesis 21: 1-21 ■Exodus 2: 1-10 ■Psalms 127 : 1 -5 ■Isaiah 62: 1-12
■I John 3: 1-3 ■Ephesians 6: 1-4; ■Colosians 3: 20-21 ■St. Luke 1: 57-80